Friday, July 25, 2014

Prettiest Girl

Class bell clanging
In the bathroom hanging
Powdering nose
Powdering cheeks
Summer would come
In just a few weeks

She was the prettiest girl
Mocha, light
Cappuccino skin
Big, bright eyes
Laughing away sin

We always met at the
Same time
Every day
10 minutes
Before the chime

Her perfect skin
Unruly hair
Easy smile
Not a care

Day before it happened
She confessed her soul
Bits and pieces
Fell to the high school's
Dirty, tile floor
I didn't know what to say
So I brushed it away
That's what the young heart does
When life seems too heavy
In every kind of way

Next day came
And she was gone
Picture plastered on the wall
In a makeshift
Last minute throne
Our conversation felt so heavy
Ringing in my ears
But what I remember the most
Was her smiling mouth
Eyes full of tears
"What if I ended it..."
I never got the chance
To gauge my own
Visceral reaction
She was gone in an instant
Suicidal attraction

No comments:

Post a Comment